Been working on a few new ideas over the past couple of weeks most are still under wraps but one which is ready to go is MDR-V700 light up earcups. As you may be aware I have done earcups with lasers and external LEDs but have always wanted to make some that lit up.
To create this effect was a bit trickier than I thought, First I thought of cutting a disk out of plexiglass to replace the cap but that did not work as the other pieces of the earcup needed to slot and screw in to it and it was too hard to cut all the wholes and groves accurately enough. So in the end I made a silicone mould and re-cast the original pieces in a clear resin.
I ended up embedding the LEDs in the edges of the mould so once the pieces hardened the LEDs were inside the walls of the piece. This made them light up right to the edges ooooh